You use human power to cycle, walk and scoot- what an amazing super power.
Each year we run a fancy dress-based day to celebrate the finale of the Big Pedal.
Superhero Day is a great way to involve all pupils in the Big Pedal even if they don’t cycle, walk or scoot. If you can’t take part on this day you can choose another day during the challenge.
It is also the perfect day to make sure all your journeys are logged to the Big Pedal website. You can also use the day to fundraising for Sustrans, please email email@example.com for more information.
Last year, thousands of children across the UK transformed into their favourite superhero for the day.Everyone had a great time and at the same time raised funds for Sustrans.
How it works
1. Tell parents — Download our letter home to parents.
2. Dress up and decorate
- Encourage everyone at your school to dress up for the day.
- Print and decorate your own Superhero Masks.
3. Additional activities
- Organise your own ‘bling your ride’ session
- Ask pupils to write a superhero story or comic strip on how they’d change the streets of their city, focusing on how to make them safer for cycling, scooting and walking.
- Ask pupils to draw their own superhero — what would their superpower be?
4. Log your journeys to the Big Pedal website to find out your final score.
5. Fundraise for Sustrans Ask all pupils who dress up to give £1 and donate to Sustrans. Transform an old cardboard box into a decorated superhero money bank ready for collecting £1 coins on Superhero Day (optional).
Sustrans Big Pedal Superhero Mask
How your support makes a difference
If you choose to fundraise on Superhero Day, thanks!
All money raised for Sustrans allows us to run Big Pedal and will help us to enable thousands of children to cycle, walk or scoot every day – making the school run safer and healthier.
We’d like to see every child enjoying a healthier, happier and safer journey to school. All funds raised through the Big Pedal will support Sustrans’ work with schools across the UK.
Visit the Sustrans website to find out more about us.
Paying in donations
Send a cheque payable to Sustrans, along with your school name and address to:
The National Cycle Network Centre
2 Cathedral Square
Or you can easily make a payment online using this link.
Want to pay by a different method? No problem, just give us a call on 0300 303 2604 or email firstname.lastname@example.org